The next generation in high quality and family-focused aged care has launched in Perth with the not-for-profit Southern Plus East Fremantle health and wellness campus at the former iconic Kaleeya Maternity Hospital.
Officially opened Wednesday 5 September by Premier Mark McGowan, the 83-bed ‘Southern Plus East Fremantle’ is the first facility of its kind in Western Australia with residents co-located with an onsite health and wellness centre, a suite of primary and allied medical professionals and family-focussed technologies and facilities.
For residents living with dementia, ‘Southern Plus East Fremantle’ offers specially designed high-care accommodation, dementia support and amenities.
Southern Cross Care (WA) CEO, Mr Errol Turner said the organisation was proud of its partnership with the WA State Government in being able to acquire, refurbish and return the iconic site back to the community and provide benefits to West Australian seniors.
“From the start, ‘Southern Plus East Fremantle’ has been a family and community-focused development which centres around truly caring for elderly West Australians and keeping them out of hospital by providing the service, support and comfort they and their family needs,” Mr Turner said.
“By taking on this iconic former State Government site we knew we had a responsibility to deliver a high quality facility and we have not shied away from that. ‘Southern Plus East Fremantle’ sets new standards in aged care services, delivering contemporary restorative and health services for our clients together with an integrated high care residential home all on the one site,” he said.
“Providing luxury accommodation for residents was a given, but what makes this facility exceptional is that our residents have full access to onsite GPs, physiologists, geriatricians and nursing.
“Through our onsite health and wellness centre our residents can also access tailored consultations and exercise classes designed for the elderly incorporating the onsite hydrotherapy pool, exercise physiology, occupational therapy and speech pathology professionals all in the one location.
“With this new facility we have maintained the proud community health-oriented heritage of this site and are blazing a new trial for aged care into the future,” Mr Turner said.
The holistic range of health and wellness services offered at ‘Southern Plus East Fremantle’ includes:
- Onsite health and wellness centre for seniors offering medical services from geriatricians and GP’s
- Onsite allied health specialists including exercise physiologists, physiotherapists and exercise classes delivered through the Vario Health Clinic, in partnership with the School of Medical and Health Sciences, Edith Cowan University.
- Onsite hydrotherapy pool and exercise clinic with the latest equipment.
- Premium nursing and personal care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All residents having a dedicated clinical partner.
- 83 luxuriously appointed private rooms with ensuites including large screen smart TVs and many with spectacular water views or access to courtyards.
- Lifestyle services including hair salon, men’s club, cinema, BBQ areas, casual and formal dining and family café.
- 24/7 concierge and 5 star hospitality services including freshly prepared chef-designed meals.
- Individually tailored dementia support and care and specially designed amenities for residents living with dementia.
- Commitment to maintaining family connections through events and activities 7 days a week.
- Advanced technology to improve client entertainment, social connections, independence as well as a leading clinical management system.