Our Lady of Lourdes, Rockingham welcomed the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions on Sunday, July 29.
The Sisters were involved in Star of the Sea School from its opening in 1973 and prior to that at the original parish school situated at the Turtle Factory at Point Peron from 1948.
Sisters have also ministered at the the Parish over many, although they withdrew from parish ministry at Rockingham some years ago.
Their order was founded by Euphrasie Barbier in Lyon – France in 1861.
It now consists of some 1000 members who work in 22 countries proclaiming and living the Gospel, and doing practical works of mercy.
The visit was part of the beginning of their pilgrimage, visiting the parishes and schools where they have worked.
The parish joined them in giving thanks to God for his blessings upon their order and their apostolate.
After Mass there was a morning tea where parishioners met and celebrated with the Sisters in the school and parish hall.